A new event in the Arqana sales calendar, the September Yearling Sale, will take place on September 8 and 9 in Deauville. It will replace and extend the v.2 Yearling Sale, which was originally held after the August Yearling Sale and was the source of France’s 2021 Thousand Guineas (G1) winner Coeursamba , sold for €40,000 (US$44,324) to Jean-Claude Rouget by Haras d’Haspel. In order to highlight French breeding, this new sale will offer a selection of advanced and mature individuals. Composed of 315 lots, the catalog is now online at www.arqana.com.
The main stallions are represented in the catalog, such as Bated Breath, Caravaggio, Dark Angel, Dabirsim, Dream Ahead, Galiway, Goken, Havana Grey, Havana Gold, Holly Roman Emperor, Intello, Kendargent, Lawman, New Bay, Oasis Dream, Showcasing, Sioux Nation, Territories, Toronado and Wootton Bassett. Buyers will also have the opportunity to acquire first yearlings from City Light, Donjuan Triumphant, Eqtidaar, Fas, Inns of Court, Invincible Army, Le Brivido, Magna Grecia, Phoenix of Spain, Silverwave, Taj Mahal, Ten Sovereigns, Tornibush and Waldgeist.
Note among the pedigrees:
* Lot 13, a half-sister by man of the law from the black-type mare Kithonia and Yaxeni, classified and group classified this season, from the family of group 1 winners Hernando and Johan Quatz, from Haras de Grandcamp;
* Lot 22, a half-sister by Shalaa the winner of the Prix de Malleret (G2) Al Wathna, from Haras de Bourgeauville;
* Lot 30, a half-brother by Planter this season’s Listed winner, Loubeisien, from Haras des Granges;
* Lot 55, a daughter of Ribchester from a half-sister of the very talented Flotilla, from the close family of the winner of the Poule d’Essai des Pouliches (G1) of the Emirates this year Mangosteen from Normandy Breeding;
* Lot 98, a son of Black Angel a sister to Prix Marcel de Boussac (G1) heroine and Prix de Diane (G1) place Rosanara, from Haras de Beauvoir;
* Lot 124, a son of Expected a half-brother to two-time Group 2 winner Silver Pond, Haras du Quesnay;
* Lot 157, a half-brother by Nerd to the winner of the Critérium de Saint-Cloud (G1) Morandi and Ottilien, engaged in the Irish Oaks (G1), from Coulonces;
* Lot 163, a half-brother by jimmy twice double group winner Wild Chief, from Haras de Montaigu;
* Lot 179, a three-part brother to champion Grand Glory, Haras de Bourgeauville;
* Lot 217, a son of Wootton-Basset group winner Breath of Love, who has already produced Listed winners Bocaiuva and Beauty of Love, from Haras d’Etreham;
* Lot 221, a half-sister by Tornibush group winner Go Athletico, from Normandie Elevage;
* Lot 229, a half-brother by Al Wukair group winner Happy Pharrell, from Haras de Castillon;
* Lot 247, a daughter of Ribchester out of group winner Damila, Haras de Beauvoir;
* Lot 268, a son of Shalaa and Listed top scorer and group placed Evaporation, from Haras d’Haspel;
* Lot 271, a half-sister by Shalaa to the winner of the Prix de Psyché (G3) and placed in the Prix Saint-Alary (G1) Vue Fantastique, from Haras de Maulepaire;
* Lot 283, a daughter of Olympic glory out of a sister to group winners Fragrant Mix, Alpine Rose and Fracassant, from Coulonces.