Thursday, November 3, 2022
On September 17, 2022, the General Office of the State Council of the PRC issued a new announcement on the adjustment and simplification of the CCC catalog. Lithium-ion batteries and high security risk power supplies/chargers will be included in mandatory certification management (CCC), while the formerly mandatory CCC will no longer be implemented for 9 categories of products such as data terminals, multimedia terminals, audio power amplifiers and others with low security risks and more mature technology ( see the article: CCC catalog adjustment for Li-ion batteries, power supplies and other products).
Until now, most computing devices required CCC certification in China. The regulatory simplification announcement is divided into four sections:
- 9 types of electronic products considered very low risk will not require CCCs in the future.
- the corresponding products will be deleted from the implementing regulations CNCA-C08-01:2014 and CNCA-C16-01:2014. Run rule CNCA-C19-01:2014 will be removed in its entirety.
- the scope will be adjusted by the authority and the laboratories.
- the competent authority will refrain from certifying the products concerned in the future.
This information is made pursuant to SAMR (State Administration for Market Regulation) Announcement No. 34, 2022 and CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration) announcement of October 11 2022.
Thus, the new CCC catalog is effective immediately.
Products withdrawn from the CCC catalog (9 types):
- active loudspeaker systems with one or more loudspeakers with a maximum output power of less than 500 W (RMS) (Category No: 0801, CNCA-C08-01: 2014).
- audio power amplifiers (Cat. No.: 0802, CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- various forms of media for audio and video recording, reproduction and processing equipment (including various types of optical discs, tapes, hard discs and other forms of media) (Category No: 0805, 0812, CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- electronic piano (Category No.: 0813, CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- wireless telephone terminal equipment (Category No: 1604, CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- data terminal (category no.: 1608, CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- multimedia terminal (category no.: 1609, CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- intrusion detector (category no.: 1901, CNCA-C19-01: 2014)
- Anti-theft alarm system controls (Category No: 1902, CNCA-C19-01: 2014). Please feel free to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us through E-mailor call us (UK: +44 2071931135Europe: +49 69 2713769150WE: +1 773 654-2673).
Feel free to also use our chat window in the lower right corner if you have any questions. (Please check your browser settings if you do not see the window) You can also view our free CCC brochure, which can be downloaded directly here as a PDF file.