Concord is one of the world’s largest independent record labels, home to an exciting group of labels including Concord Jazz, Easy Eye Sound, Loma Vista, Fantasy, Fearless, Rounder and many more. We produce, market and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. We also have a philosophy of helping artists build long-term careers. Our growing roster includes both legendary and exciting new artists, with a particular focus on promoting our rich history. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern music company with a full catalog.
Craft Recordings is the catalog team of Concord’s Recorded Music. We create carefully selected products (digital and physical), with a meticulous dedication to quality and a commitment to preservation, ensuring that our vast and diverse records endure for new generations to experience.
Craft is looking for a Product/Catalog Marketing Manager to develop and execute fully integrated progressive marketing strategies for frontline catalog releases and legacy label repertoire, including legendary label catalogs such as Fania, Independiente, Nitro, Prestige, Riverside, Specialty, Stax, Vanguard, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay, Victory and many more.
What you will do:
- Work closely with artists/managers/areas and the label team to strategically define and execute marketing campaigns for a diverse list of catalog artists, titles and legacy brands – with a focus on , but not limited to rock/alternative repertoire (such as the Victory and Fearless catalogs)
- Act as the day-to-day manager of assigned releases, ensuring that each project receives the appropriate level of marketing, advertising and publicity necessary, to effectively generate revenue through physical sales, downloads, streaming, merchandise and synchronization opportunities
- Conduct in-depth research on each assigned project to understand “the whole story” of a title, brand or artist, communicate legacy, rekindle fanbases, expand reach of the public and to generate commercial results
- Manage deadlines and develop essential marketing materials for each project – including sell sheets, bios, press releases, online media kits, marketing plans, communication calendars, social media, editorial content , playlists and advertising elements
- Create, build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners (brands, media, influencers) and key stakeholders
- Work alongside the Stream and Digital Marketing team to strategize catalog streaming list initiatives, as well as drive content discovery and reach label and artist audiences
- Collaborate with Label Services teams (Sales, Creative Services, Commercial Affairs, Publishing, etc.) and external partners, as appropriate, to develop marketing tools and strategies for each release within defined budget parameters
What do you need:
- Music marketing experience (5+ years), ideally working with catalog and legacy artists
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music (very varied genres and eras) – specific experience in rock/alternative acts is a strong asset
- Strategic and creative thinker, with a deep understanding and interest in streaming platforms, social media, digital trends and new technologies
- Strong writing skills – for press releases, sell sheets, newsletters, social/web content – are a plus
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and projects at the same time; must be able to prioritize and track
- Goal and results oriented, with great attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A team player with an adaptive, efficient and collaborative attitude
- * This work is hybrid and requires 3 days a week on site
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity game, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company benefits. We have a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and any other protected status, such as requires applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity are paramount to creating music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.