Plugins and equipment used by Genix | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
A staple of the trance scene since their debut in 2003, Genix have released over 100 singles and remixes in a truly prolific career. Honing his craft alongside some of the world’s best at Passion UK in the 90s, he has since become a regular performer on Anjunabeats. Previously holding the world record for the longest DJ set with a 84 hour performance and currently holding the highest altitude set record, Genix is one to go big or not at all. Recently, we had the chance to speak with Genix to get some insight into their music production process. Below is the list of plugins and gear used by Genix and what it has to say about them.
| The Essential: Plugins & Gear Used by 70+ Artists – Click Here to Checkout
Q.1 Top Favorite Kontakt Synth Plugins/Libraries
Responnse: u-he Diva, Serum Xfer, LennarDigital Sylenth1, Arcade Output, reFX Nexus
1. u-he DIVA – It’s just a beast of a plug-in. Many soft synths can feel a little thin, but this one sounds so good without too much processing. I mainly use it for bass and lead sounds but it has a wide variety of uses.
2. Xfer – Serum – This plug-in is pretty much versatile… you can really create anything with it, and it still sounds so fat! I find it great for really hard sounds, it has some amazing effects built in too.
3. LennarDigital – Sylenth – Old but quality! This plugin has been around for years. I have used it in many projects. It’s not my ‘go to plug in’ but I find myself using it often! With a little processing, it can be quite powerful.
4. Arcade – Exit. It’s a sample-based plug-in, but trust me, it can create some really lush sounds! With built-in effects and editing, it’s great for adding detail to your music. Also great for synths and drums.
5. reFX – Nexus 3 – This is a pretty cool software plug-in. Such an extensive library too! Some really cool arp & pad patches here. This one is suitable for all genres. I often use it to add sparkle to quiet or dull parts of my music. Super awesome!
Q.2. Top favorite effects/mixing/mastering plugins
Responnse: PA – Analog Black Box Design, Fabfilter Saturn and more
1. PA – Black Box Analog Design – Saturation. This thing really adds warmth to the sounds. Often the sound is too bright, which gives warmth to almost everything! I love it!
2. Fabfilter – Saturn 2 – It’s pretty well known to producers and for good reason. Amazing saturation plugin. Adding some distortion to your music can bring it to life, whether it’s drums, synths, or whatever!
3. Fabfilter – Pro Q 3 – This is my ‘Go to’ Eq plugin. that’s great ……………
Image credits: Genix Press