Plugins and equipment used by Gryffin | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Having become well known for some stellar remixes, including Maroon 5’s “Animals”, Tove Lo’s “Talking Body” and Years & Years’ “Desire”, Gryffin (real name Daniel Griffith) never wanted his music to go beyond his friends’ parties. ! He’s way beyond that these days, with his 2019 debut album “Gravity” hitting number one on Billboard’s dance/electronic album chart. We recently caught up with the hitmaker, Gryffin, to get some insight into his music production process. Below is the list of essential plugins and gear used by Gryffin.
| The Essential: Plugins & Gear Used by 70+ Artists – Click Here to Checkout
Q.1 Top Favorite Kontakt Synth Plugins/Libraries
To respond: Diva, Omnisphere, Serum, Pigments, Legacy and more
1. U-he Diva – This synth is super awesome and it’s become one of my new must-have plugins. It’s a CPU hog, but it has very rich analog sounds and lots of sounds that sound great right out of the box.
2. Omnisphere – This take is great because of the large amount of different sounds. Whenever I need inspiration I go here because of the sheer amount of sound and style options..
3. Serum – Probably my most used plugin right now. Ideal for bass sounds and synth tracks.
4. Pigments – My new tool in the kit. Great 80s sounds and deep cool analog sounds.
5. Korg’s Legacy – Some really nice 90s dance inspired sounds here. I’ve been using it since the early days and it still feels fresher than ever.
Q.2. Top favorite effects/mixing/mastering plugins
To respond: Fabfilter Pro LPro Q3 and more
1. FabFilter ProL – Favorite limiter. I feel like I can get a nice balanced mix of volume and punch without crushing it to death. It’s been my limiter for a few years now.
2. FabFilter Pro Q3 – The best equalizer for me. Can do almost anything you want……..