Plugins and equipment used by KSHMR | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Niles Hollowell-Dhar is an American record producer, songwriter and DJ who gained recognition after his huge hit “Like a G6” with The Cataracs. In 2016, he left the band and started going solo with his project ‘KSHMR’. Hit records such as Tsunami and Stampede were co-produced by him even before releasing his debut single Megalodon under KSHMR. The incorporation of musical influences from India with the sounds of the great venues to come formed his signature sound. Records such as Secrets, Power, Wilcard and Carry Me Home made him an international superstar. KSHMR is known as one of the most technically skilled producers in the music scene and we all want to know what tools he uses. We recently caught up with KSHMR to get some insight into their music production process. Below is the list of essential plugins and equipment used by KSHMR.
| The Essential: Plugins & Gear Used by 70+ Artists – Click Here to Checkout
Q.1 Top Favorite Kontakt Synth Plugins/Libraries
To respond: Sylenth1, Nexus, Ana, Serum
1. Sylenth1 Because it was the first synth I got really familiar with and know inside and out.
2. Link which I hate to admit because Nexus offers limited flexibility but the sounds just sound great out of the box.
3. Anne is the one I use a lot. It’s a really intuitive sampler synth combo that has a lot of great sounds included and it’s very easy to navigate.
4. Serum is revolutionary for its use of wavetables. In my pack with 7 Skies we were able to create realistic sounding acoustic instruments using only its wavetables which blew my mind.
Q.2. Top favorite effects/mixing/mastering plugins
To respond: Pro Q3Melodyne and more
1. Pro Q3 is my favorite equalizer
2. Melodyne comes back so often and nothing else comes close to…….