Plugins & Gear used by Eelke Kleijn | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Eelke Kleijn from Rotterdam is equally at home producing melodic techno bangers as he is composing Hollywood film scores. He worked on huge productions such as Parker, Rush and This Means War. His musical accomplishments include several acclaimed albums and remixes for John Legend, Pendulum and James Newton Howard. His self-proclaimed creative outlet DAYS like NIGHTS, launched in 2017, served as a platform for his works and provided opportunities for emerging artists. Recently, we caught up with the extremely talented and versatile Eelke Kleijn to get some insight into her music production process. Below is the list of plugins and equipment used by Eelke Kleijn.
| The Essential: Plugins & Gear Used by 70+ Artists – Click Here to Checkout
Q.1 Top Favorite Kontakt Synth Plugins/Libraries
To respond: Omnisiphere, Exhale, Drums, VocalSynth, and more
1. Omnisphere by Spectrasonics – This is my most used VST plugin. The possibilities are endless, both in presets, sound design and self-programming. And it works well whether I’m working on film music or stuff for the dance floor.
2. Exhale per exit – It’s a fantastic Kontakt library for creatively tweaking vocals. The presets offer plenty of inspiration, but once you dive a little deeper there are all sorts of tricks and cool things you can do here that make your vocal snippets stand out.
3. Battery by NI – It’s been my favorite drum programming tool since I started making music about 20 years ago. It’s pretty much a sampler, overlay, and editing tool all rolled into one. If you’re working with examples, this is the only plugin you’ll need.
4. Vocal synth by Izotope – It does wonders for creative vocal processing. I use it mainly for pitch shifting and also for layering with vocoders and other world processed vocals. It was widely used on my Control and Distance tracks for example.
5. Shimmer Shake Strike – This is a Kontakt library that I bought after seeing an ad on Facebook. And it quickly became one of my most used tools for realistic drumming. I also process it sometimes for weird percs and offbeat sounds. Highly recommended!
Q.2. Top favorite effects/mixing/mastering plugins
To respond: Oxford InflatorManley Massive and more
1. Oxford Inflator/Limiter – I usually use them together. They are great for limiting peaks and making a track sound louder. Honestly, I’m not quite sure what’s going on behind the faders, but it sounds great if used sparingly!
2. Manley Massive Passive – The best mastering……..