Title: Project Manager, Catalog
Status: Full time
Hours: 40/week, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: Bloomington, Brooklyn, Los Angeles
Reports to: Project Director
Secretly Group is a major independent music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory and Secretly Canadian, as well as music publisher Secretly Publishing. Based in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also has offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster includes Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin, among others.
As part of the Projects department, the Project Manager, Catalog will work closely with production, marketing, retail, direct-to-consumer, A&R and creative teams across physical and digital opportunities for the group Secretly (Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory Records, secretly Canadian). Additionally, this role will work closely with past artists, providing support as needed. This role will report to the Projects Director and may be based in Bloomington, Brooklyn or Los Angeles.
- Oversee all essential aspects of compelling digital and physical campaigns for catalog releases, reissues, anniversaries and archival content
- Develop and manage campaign budgets
- Develop best practices for these campaigns
- Work closely with global marketing and digital teams to identify priority catalog and develop priorities in a long-term timeline
- Work closely with the Digital Sales & Marketing team on DSP marketing and support for birthdays, catalog events and new associated assets
- Work closely with Marketing/DTC teams on store strategy, newsletters, etc. for the catalog and reissues
- Work closely with new release project teams on global catalog stock issues and catalog reprints
- Work closely with a dedicated Podcast team across operations and deployment strategy
- Develop expertise on Secretly artists, releases and catalog content, including their communities/stories
- Provide support for the needs of former artists as needed
- Work with the Marketing and Inventory team on vinyl variants of major catalog titles with retailers, record clubs and DTC, including international programs
- Identify opportunities for independent retail programs, overstock pricing campaigns and catalog back
- Work with marketing, social, creative and project teams on leveraging archival resources across social media, advertising, digital and creative marketing
The ideal candidate demonstrates
- Exceptional teamwork, organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of the independent retail landscape strongly preferred
- Ability to work on long-term projects
- Ability to manage and meet strict deadlines
- Effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the Secretly Group catalog
- 2+ years of experience in a record label, music distributor, record store, or D2C music business
Benefits of SG Services, Inc.
- Paid leave including end of year closing
- Paid Vacation Policy
- 401K with corporate match
- 12 weeks of parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Policy for matching volunteer hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application link: https://forms.gle/HStwADHBsibJxpWX8
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, emotional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality or national origin.